GROOVESCHOOL GOES POP! BRIXTON
26th July 2017
Pop Brixton, 49 Brixton Station Road, London, SW9 8PQ
Grooveschool is Growing!
We are moving to a new base at POP Brixton that will enable us to diversify our outreach and activities and from this permanent base Grooveschool will be able to operate full time as an educational facility. We remain committed to our core values of providing free workshops to those most vulnerable groups.
“Before my set at Lambeth music festival I was nervous due to playing a different type of music I was used too. This was my venture into the trap genre. However after my initial nerves I played, what I believed was a good set and it was well received.” – Grooveschool Blog – DJ Eden
Our work has also seen us run CPD sessions for music teachers and other youth leaders as well as workshops for Care Foundations and Multiple Disability organisations. In 2014 Groveschool were part of Sound Connections Innovate award, introducing DJ and Music Technology to SEN/D individuals and groups.
The busy programme for Grooveschool at Pop Brixton includes:
- A unit that will be open 7 days a week, from 9am -10pm
- Community based projects and weekend activities to operate throughout the year.
- Focused modules for wider college programmes.
- AQA and Arts Awards accreditations
- Assisted learning facility
- 1-2-1 sessions
- We will run a library lunch club membership targeted at office workers and local residents who can drop in and break their day up by utilising the facility
- Evening classes open for adult members, specialised and for beginner and intermediate levels
- Key events with manufacturers and lecturers, experts in their fields, studio managers, label owners, producers, engineers, artists, and A'n’R.